The Project Office for Sustainable Innovations in Central Asia supports research and development projects between Germany and the Central Asian countries in the thematic areas of climate, environment and energy. The office’s main concerns include the transfer of sustainability innovations in the region and increased regional networking of R&D measures in the Central Asian partner countries. The Federal Ministry of Education and Research is funding CASIB as part of the CLIENT II funding programme.
- Fund to Save the Aral Sea Kazakhstan
- Science Fund Kazakhstan
- Ministry of Innovation Uzbekistan
Background and objectives:
- EU Central Asia Strategy aims to deepen relations
- Central Asia as a key geostrategic region
- With the CLIENT II “International Partnerships” programme, which is part of the FONA 3 “Research for Sustainable Development” framework programme, the BMBF is making an important contribution to strengthening scientific and economic relations between Germany and Central Asia.
- CLIENT II supports application-oriented research and development projects in Central Asia on the core topics of climate, environment and energy with joint German and Central Asian participation.
- Strengthening, further development and consolidation of cooperation between German and Central Asian actors from research and practice in inter- and transdisciplinary R&D projects through local presence (Almaty, Kazakhstan)
- Support for the coordination of CLIENT II in Central Asia
- Promotion of knowledge and technology transfer activities
- Public relations
- Project advisory services
- high visibility of CLIENT II projects
- successful project implementation by strengthening cooperation with regional partners
- project stabilisation by strengthening ownership and identifying new funding opportunities